Saturday, October 12, 2013

Feelings of the Day

I've been busy for the past several weeks.  Eleven hats, two baby blankets and a scarf...all knit except for the baby blankets which were crocheted.

And even in the midst of all this business, I've felt somewhat sad....somewhat not right.....somewhat empty.  I don't know why.  I've dealt with this before.....
the emptiness, the loneliness, the very edge of depression.


Then, I have to stop and think.  I have a roof over my head.  I have a bed to sleep in at night.  I have a job to go to every day.  I have my children and my grandchild.

There are many that don't have even these basics of life.  These are the ones I knit and crochet for so that they can have at least one hot meal a day.

I have nothing in my life to feel sad or empty or lonely or depressed about.

I pick up needles and yarn and keep on.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment