Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Beginning

I see many homeless people on my commute to work.  Men, women, children--sitting along the riverfront after a night spent sleeping under bridges, in doorways--wherever there is a place to lay their heads.

I drive home, and again I see these same faces and new faces also.

I also have knit, crocheted and created things for many, many years.

Two passions--one talent.  I have often wondered how God would have me combine these two--use my talent to help those my heart has been drawn to.

Thus, the beginning of Hand and Heart Blessings.

It's a relatively simple theory:

1.  I make something.
2.  I offer it for sale.
3.  You order it (always in the color and style of your choice).
4.  15% of the purchase price is donated to Helping Hands Ministries of
     Harrisburg to help feed the homeless.

You can visit their web page Helping Hands Ministries of Harrisburg or visit them on Facebook page here .


Please consider helping to feed those who cannot feed themselves.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment